Social Media has become more than a tool, it has become a vehicle for transporting information and creating networks. It is more than just friends connecting virtually. Through the revolution of the internet and social media, people from all over the world are able to engage with each other, do business, network, exchange information and even learn from each other. No matter what the nature of your business is, you want to make it grow beyond your regular customer base, Social Media is the way you want to move forward; even when starting a new business.
The variety of websites, apps, and information on Social Media can be at times overwhelming if not even dissuasive. We can easily get absorbed and lose track of time while being on websites such as Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram.
Social Media can be used with goals in mind, creating a community for your business without wasting hours not knowing if you have actually achieved something.
There are a few things that every business should do in order to become more attractive on Social Media:
- Summarize the purpose of your business in one sentence
- That helps customers see right away what you are selling and if they are interested in your product
- Create a clear value proposal
- Customers want to know your own perspective on the way you conduct business in order to see if they agree with what you do. Especially on Social media Platforms customers want to get to know the company and the people behind a product
- Tell your story!
- What is it that you love about your business?
- Why did you start it?
- The biggest challenges in your journey?
Having a clear communication strategy doesn’t need a lot of time and helps you to clarify what your perfect customer is. At the same time, it sets you up for success on Social Media.
For many people Social Media can be scary: There are applications that help you to manage your Social Media and create better content. For those of you who don’t have enough time there are Social Media Managers willing to help you to create a strategy in line with your business goals.